Friday, September 5, 2014

Increasingly Inadequate Mobile Battery



I posted this video recently on Google+ and Twitter, and commented:

Charging mobile devices, while on the go, is truly a nuisance... But this Q Bracelet, hmm, I don't know.


I wonder how well consumers will actually take up this product, but you can probably tell that I won't.  I'm not inclined to wear jewelry, and, Tanya, no, that Q Bracelet is not stylish.  It looks cumbersome and geeky.

Essentially what QDesigns has designed is a band-aid solution to an increasingly inadequate battery.  I imagine there are chemists, engineers and technologists working to improve what has become an indispensable thing for modern day life. Maybe Elon Musk and his staff at Tesla Motors have made good progress. 

By the way, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note II earlier this year, and its battery is noticeably weakened already.  Charge becomes an issue especially when I use Maps and shoot photos.  I've now taken to charging it two to three times a day, which isn't a problem at my office or home.  But on the go, it takes finesse to conserve juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment