Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Queries and Quips on Apple (2)


This week with the advent of the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and Apple Watch upon us, I posted the following on Google+ and Twitter with brief queries and quips.  Until February this year, I had an earlier generation iPhone, but now I revel in my big-screen Galaxy Note.  I found these offerings to be more of follower products than of trailblazers, hyperbole from Tim Cook notwithstanding. 


I see what Apple has been reduced to: A competition on features, instead of a reinvention of categories.


So how long can Apple tap the Steve Jobs mystique (i.e., reality distortion field) of selling cool but expensive devices?


Do you have an iPhone 5, but aren't ready for an iPhone 6? Just download the new iOS 8.


iPod was an enabler for the more important iTunes business model: So is Apple Watch an enabler for a business model in the works on the Digital Self revolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment