Monday, September 15, 2014

Queries and Quips on Apple (1)


This week with the advent of the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and Apple Watch upon us, I posted the following on Google+ and Twitter with brief queries and quips.  Until February this year, I had an earlier generation iPhone, but now I revel in my big-screen Galaxy Note.  I found these offerings to be more of follower products than of trailblazers, hyperbole from Tim Cook notwithstanding. 


iPhone 6 at $200 - 400 with a contract, and iPhone 6 Plus at $300 - 500 with a contract.


Besides Samsung, Huawei and Sony are poised to compete with the latest 'Apples.'


Who will buy Apple Watch, and how many of them? I thought wearing a watch was long passé.



Control functions for the Apple Watch: digital crown (knob) + touch screen.


Watch-making is a $62 billion business, but for now I see Apple Watch competing mainly with other smart watches.


The wearables market is relatively small now, but analysts expect it to grow majorly.


Apple now has a formidable team of design executives: How will Jony Ive work with all of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment