Monday, September 23, 2013

What I Want in the Future


I posted the following three film clips in the Google+ Future Technology community, and I exchanged notes with some members:  


In the future, I want to just download training and instruction manuals to my brain.
it makes me wonder if that technology exist in the future via brain implants , would we all have the same kind skill level? say in flying a helicopter . what would happen if we make a race between each others would we cross the ending line at the same time ?
Would love this ability
That's a very good technical and philosophical question. I'd say that our skill level will depend on our actual abilities - cognitive and physical - so it will probably differ from person to person. As should our performance. But your second question made me think of PEDs (performance-enhancing drugs), which is such a major issue in sports. Would brain implants or technical downloads be an ethical issue as well? 
I don't believe that brain implants would be an ethical issue when it comes to the enhancement of human intelligence. However nay sayers will always find a problem. 
I think you're right on both counts, Kyle!

I believe that if you are beamed using the technology from Star trek you really just die. While a copy of yourself is instantly created. I personally would prefer star gate's method of near instant transportation. 
I'll have to look into that Star Gate method, then.
The star gate is really just a wormhole that bends space-time allowing you to travel long distances quickly. The only reason I would consider this method is because you could first stick one of your hands through the wormhole, feel the ground on the other side and then pull back. Unlike in star trek where if you beam only a part of you you loose it.
Ah, I see, that's Einstein's Theory of General Relativity. If we can bend space-time, like we can fold a sheet of paper, then can we vary the length or depth of a wormhole? I imagine that wormholes vary in shape and size anyway. Regardless, going through a wormhole means we can stay intact, rather than disintegrate.


In the future, I want my pickup to transform into an Autobot.

Thank you for reading, and let me know what you think!

Ron Villejo, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment