Monday, November 4, 2013

Reflecting on Funny Media and Technology


(image credit)
Funny, how media and technology have seeped into our modern day parlance.  How nostalgic it may be to harken back to the good old days.

(image credit)
Of course, kids can bring their devices outside.  Even U-verse allows you to bring the TV to the backyard, and keep its wireless connection.  But we get your point, Will, and we agree.

(image credit)
You see, that's the thing:  With the advent of Google, I don't have to store a lot of stuff in my memory, personal and computer.  Google has a gaggle, or googol, of information that it can collate and present to him when I need it.  

(image credit)
This cartoon was framed as Microsoft Marketing Strategy.  In fact, this weekend, I was on a Hangout with a couple of guys while watching the Blackhawks-Jets game, and one of them did not want the Microsoft Surface (tablet) because of Windows.  I said, I was actually looking into it, as I liked the convenience of Office Suite, USB ports, and a keyboard.  Still, it made me see, at least in part, why Surface may be tanking in the market.  A company cannot keep putting out problematic operating systems, and expect the market to stay strong and loyal.

(image credit)
A couple of comments were not too kindly toward Google or Glass.  But I thought this was funny.

(image credit)



Well, I wasn't sure if this lady got my joke, and was just playing along, or if she believed that we could in fact 3D-print food.  

Thank you for reading, and let me know what you think!

Ron Villejo, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment