Friday, March 6, 2015

BlackBerry (lol)



Ah, the wonders of social media. During the BlackBerry outage, tweets were flying like bats in the belfry! Twitter was (is) like Punch Line City or BlackBerry Whiners’ One-Liners.

In The 10 Funniest Tweets About the BlackBerry Outage Mashable gathers up their favorites, in a well-deserved set of potshots at the hapless RIM. Honestly, too, I found it a welcome respite from all the grieving around Steve Jobs’ death. In fact, one funny bit was thanking BlackBerry for honoring him with a 3-day silence. People, you now can stop passing around this joke. I’ve heard it so much that it’s not funny anymore.

Still, my favorite goes, Dear BlackBerry, Too bad, iWork. Sincerely, iPhone.

Here are more favorites:


This reminds me of a video on YouTube, where the girl is having a Skype video call with her boyfriend, from her bedroom. Some other guy passes behind her, having just gotten out of the shower and wrapped only in a towel. The boyfriend asks, who’s that guy? She goes, what guy? There’s no one here!


Hmm, imagine that.


Yep, tried that 100 times. Uh, uh, nothing doing. Didn’t work, dude. 


Um, where can I download that app?


Last year, as I contemplated switching from my Samsung slide mobile to a BlackBerry, a friend showed me her cool iPhone and tried to persuade me to buy one, instead. I stuck to my guns. I said I had quite a few friends already asking for my BBM PIN, and I didn’t know what that was. Embarrassing, so I had to get a BlackBerry.

Now look at all the funny stuff I would’ve missed, if I had fallen into the iPhone fad. So, in a strange irony, I am thankful to RIM (and Twitter) and I am thankful I have a BB (lol).

Note: I wrote this article on October 13th 2011 for an old Media & Tech blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment